Instagram

Instagram

Monday, March 18, 2013

Asian Slaw Salad w/ Pomegranate Dressing


I never know what to sign up for during potlucks.  Will I have enough time to cook a main dish?  Will the dessert last if I buy it or make it the night before?  Do I have to toss the salad there?  Here's a a sure way to make your potluck dilemma disappear. A lovely Asian-inspired slaw salad with pomegranate dressing that you can make the day before.  Any salad that I can make ahead of time and it doesn’t wilt to pieces is Lucky in my book.  I can sign up for that salad for the potluck!  I think I found my pot of GREENS! 

Asian Slaw Salad w/ Pomegranate Dressing




12oz bag of broccoli slaw
3 C kale cut into small pieces (remove hard center part of leaf)
½ C Cashews chopped
½ C dried cranberries
1 C spicy sprouts


Dressing:
¼ C Pomegranate juice
2 Tbsp. Seasoned Rice Vinegar
2 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. sesame oil
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1.  In a large bowl put in broccoli slaw, chopped kale, cashews and cranberries
2.  Prepare dressing by whisking together all the ingredients
3.  Pour dressing on the salad and toss
4.  Set for at least 1/2 hour in the refrigerator
5.  If you're making the salad the night before, leave out cashews until the next day

BeaNspiration:  The world is my inspiration!


No comments:

Post a Comment