Instagram

Instagram

Monday, October 1, 2012

Crock Pot Hawaiian Ribs

          Happy October!  The harvest moon brought the feeling of autumn in and now October made it's entrance. Well what does October mean to parents?  Yikes, after school activities are in full force as school leaps into high gear, my kids need poster boards for projects, after school snacks, and the mountain of laundry just keeps piling up.  To top it off, Back to School night is tonight!  AND I HAVE TO MAKE DINNER?  But it's fall now, so I don't want to throw together a cold sandwich/salad combo.  I want a hearty, warm meal that gives me the homey feeling of family.  What to do?  Help me Chef Azuki!

Crock-Pot Hawaiian Ribs
to the Rescue!


3 lbs of ribs
1 cup of teriyaki sauce**
20 oz. can of crushed pineapple
1/2 tsp. garlic powder

Directions:  Put the ribs in the crock-pot.  In a mixing bowl, stir teriyaki sauce, crushed pineapple and garlic powder together.  Then pour over the ribs.  Set the crock pot on low and let it go.  Come back in 6-7 hours and the ribs will be tender and delicious!

**For the teriyaki sauce, you can use your favorite bottled sauce or use equal parts soy sauce and sugar and make your own.

          Yummy, I'm going to try it tonight!  I will plate the ribs with a serving of rice and steamed broccoli.  Thank you Chef Azuki for creating an easy recipe for a hectic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment