Instagram

Instagram

Monday, November 26, 2012

Ginger Teriyaki Chicken


Today I’m blogging on my own and thinking about what to make for dinner.  My old standby is teriyaki chicken wings or drummettes.  I’ve been in the mood for ginger lately so I’m going to put in some grated ginger into the teriyaki chicken.  I recently learned that ginger is a warming food and one that is good to eat at this time of the year when the weather is getting cooler.  It’s also said to be good for nausea, vomiting, indigestion, prevention of flatulence, good for congestion and more.  I did check Wikipedia and The People’s Pharmacy Guide to learn it is not good for people with gallstones and may cause possible increase bleeding.  There’s so much to learn about food chemistry and my interest in plants, herbs and old family remedies is increasing.  Something is telling me to eat more ginger, so I think I’ll add a little ginger into my chicken today and see what happens!

Ginger Teriyaki Chicken

1 package of chicken wings or drummettes
½ Cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
½ Cup Sugar or Mirin
1 tsp. grated ginger
¼ tsp. sesame oil


Directions:
1.     Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.     Stir together soy sauce, sugar ginger and sesame oil
3.     Cut chicken wings separating the drummettes from the other portion and cut tips off and discard. 
4.     Put the chicken into the mixture and soak for 15 minutes
5.     Put in a foil lined pan and cover with foil
6.     Bake for 20-30 minutes
7.     Remove foil cover and bake for additional 20 minutes.

I love this easy recipe and the flavor of grated ginger adds a special zing to it.   If you love the flavor of ginger, add more grated ginger next time.  I thought ginger was really strong was I was a kid but am liking it more and more as I get older.  I drank my ginger tea this morning with ½ tsp. of grated ginger, ½ tsp. of honey, boiling water and a dash of low fat milk.  It was a great way to warm up in the morning.  Ginger and Satsuma tangerines are my preventative measures to keep away cold and flu bugs this fall and winter.  Don’t know if it works for sure but the flavors just seem right to me for now; )  I’ll let you know how it goes.

BeaNspiration:  Find your way to health!
Blogger BeaN


No comments:

Post a Comment