Instagram

Instagram

Monday, June 3, 2013

Chef Azuki's Peach Pie

All my peaches are ripening on our tree at the same time, so I gave some to Chef Azuki who made peach pies this weekend.  She gave me her recipe and today I attempted to make her famous peach pie, All By Myself!  Chef Azuki had some errands today, so I was on my own.  With more than a little trepidation, I began.  You see, I have never had much luck with desserts.  But using already made pie crust and starting out with our small delicious peaches was a plus.  The first problem was peeling the peaches.  They are much too small to cut and peel each one without a little help.  Chef Azuki instructed me to parboil the peaches first, so the skin comes off easily.  I put all my peaches in the pot and boiled it.  I checked when the skin would easily come off, then took it off the stove and placed all the peaches into a big bowl of cold water. What do you know, the skin sloughed right off.  With new found confidence I continued the experiment!

Chef Azuki's Peach Pie


Refrigerated Pie Crust - Top and Bottom
4 Cups Peaches
1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon 
1 tsp. lemon juice
4 Tbsp. corn syrup

Directions:
1.  Place 1 thawed pie crust in a pie pan
2.  Press against sides and use fork to poke holes on the bottom and sides
3.  Bake at 350 degrees for 7-8 minutes
4.  Let the pie crust cool
5.  Place cut, pitted peaches, cinnamon, lemon juice and corn syrup in pot
6.  Boil together
7.  Set aside and let cool
8.  Place peach mixture inside pie crust
9.  Cover with second pie crust
10.  Trim excess crust off of edges
11.  Use a fork to press edges together
12.  If edges become brown too soon, cover with foil after about 15 minutes
13.  Bake for total of 20-25 minutes

I even thought I would get fancy and try to make a lattice pie crust top.  With a few minor hang ups, including ripping some of the lattices, I came out with a pretty decent pie.  My oldest baby BeaN, back from college, liked it too.  My pictures came out more faded than the actual pie, so College BeaN enhanced the color on this week's picture.  His verdict on the taste of the pie, Thumbs Up!  

BeaNspiration:  When life is an experiment, there is no fear of failing.








No comments:

Post a Comment