Instagram

Instagram

Friday, June 12, 2015

Asian Kale Salad with Pomegranate Dressing

My husband received some home grown kale yesterday from a wonderful friend of his.  How thoughtful of him to think of my husband and family!  I have a cousin visiting from Japan that loves to try new things so I decided to make a healthy salad.  Wait!  I have pomegranate juice in the back of my refrigerator!  I'll make a dressing out of that!


Asian Kale Salad 
with Pomegranate Dressing




Ingredients:
12 oz bag of broccoli slaw
3 C kale cut into small pieces (remove hard center part of leaf)
½ C Cashews chopped
½ C dried cranberries
1 C spicy sprouts


Dressing:
¼ C Pomegranate juice
2 Tbsp. Seasoned Rice Vinegar
2 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. sesame oil
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1.  In a large bowl put in broccoli slaw, chopped kale, cashews and cranberries
2.  Prepare dressing by whisking together all the ingredients
3.  Pour dressing on the salad and toss
4.  Set for at least 1/2 hour in the refrigerator
5.  If you're making the salad the night before, leave out cashews until the next day

BeaNspiration:  Be thankful for the gifts you receive and share these gifts with your family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment