Instagram

Instagram

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Strawberry Dango Bundt Cake

Bachan (Grandma) wanted me to make Dangos (fried donut like desserts), however I did not have enough oil to fry the dangos.  My strawberries were extremely ripe, but I did not want to waste them. Bachan would say in Japanese...Mottainai! (what a waste!).  I decided to tweak my dango recipe and bake a cake with strawberries.  Bachan loved it!  She said it had the texture and taste of a cake she had growing up.  And the smell of yumminess!


Strawberry Dango Bundt Cake


Ingredients:
2 c flour
1/2 c sugar
21/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 eggs
1/2 c milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
15 medium fresh strawberries (chopped)

Directions:
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl
Pour mixture in a greased bundt pan
Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 min or when toothpick comes out clean


BeaNspiration:  The lesson of "mottainai" echoes from the past.  "No Mo' Mottainai" for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment